For Valentine's Day, Shay wrote Cayben and me each a letter. I thought that a copy of the letter he wrote to Cayben would be nice to have in our family journal, so here it is:
February 14th 2009
Cayben,
I can't look at you or think about you without getting a huge grin on my face. You are so energetic and willful it cracks me up.
I'm so proud of you. You are smart and sensitive. You've got so much potential.
This semester of school has been hard because I've been away from home so much. I love the way you behave when I get up to leave; you run and hug me and ask me to put your coat on so you can go to Daddy's school too.
I'm glad we get to spend Tuesday mornings together. Last Tuesday we played cars together. While we were playing I asked you what you wanted for breakfast. You said, "Food." I asked you what kind of food you wanted and you said, "Sandwich." I made you a sandwich and set you at the table. The sandwich was in front of you, but I moved it so we could pray. You started the prayer by saying, "Heavenly Father" then you stopped and said, "Cayben's sandwich." After I reassured you that you would get your sandwich you continued your prayer. "Heavenly Father, bless cheese, bless turkey, bless sandwich, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I'm so happy that my two-year-old son knows how to communicate with his Father-in-Heaven.
I love you so much! You're my best buddy. I'm so grateful for eternal families because I get to spend eternity with you, Mom, our new baby, and all our family.
Love,
Dad
Awwwwww-Shay- bring a tear to this gramma's eyes... it makes my heart so happy to know you and your little family are doing so well! Take care you guys and remember that you got this crazy old lady that loves you all tons! hee hee
ReplyDelete