Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Big Two

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAYBEN!
I can hardly believe my amazing little guy is two years old today. The past two years with him have been amazing. He has brought so much joy into my life, and I know Shay would echo that.

Shay and I took Cayben to lunch at McDonald's. It is definitely not a family favorite, but it's a fun place for Cayben to play. In fact, I took Cayben to McDonald's a week ago and he didn't even know what a hamburger was. In his world view, burritos are the only food you eat when you go out to eat. El Harradaro is our family happy place. He's been eating burritos at El Harradaro since before he had teeth. Anyway, we took Elyse, Abigail, and Kennedy to McDonald's as well.
(Cayben, Abby, & Elyse)

(Kennedy)

Cayben had lots of fun playing on the toys.
(Abby & Cayben)

Today was a little more mellow than yesterday, but I tried to make it a special day anyway.

Cayben turned the big two today, but two took on another meaning as well. This evening I took a pregnancy test and...two lines appeared. That means that in about 9 months, we'll have two kids. It's really exciting and a little terrifying. I have a lot of anxieties at this point, like will my pregnancy go well? Will the baby be healthy? Will my husband be over-stressed with school and supporting a growing family? Will I be able to love another child as much as I love Cayben? Will Cayben get enough attention? Ultimately, I know everything will be okay, and I'm very excited to have a new addition to our family. Wooo Hooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment