Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cayben's Birthday Party


The much anticipated day is finally here. We celebrated Cayben's 2nd birthday in the meeting room at Portneuf District Library. Lots of family and some friends came to celebrate with us.
 
(Cory, Crystal, Grandma Elyse)

Cayben thrives in chaos, and loves being surrounded by friends, cousins, and toys, so it was fun for him.

On the other hand, I was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. For the future, I need to remember to K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid). I planned too much and at one point felt like I couldn't do it all. I needed to help the kids play the game of Pin the Construction Cone on the Construction Site, change Cayben's dirty diaper, clean the red Jello off the carpet, stop kids from tearing the deorations down, and attend to everybodys' needs all at the same time. I guess I'm not much of a multi-tasker, but with Shay's help we got it all taken care of. All in all I had a really good time. More importantly, Cayben had a good time.

Cayben's favorite game was the pinata.
(Tyson)

The pinata was the hit of the party. It seemed like everyone, young and old, were into it. I'm sure all of us older folk were just wishing we would get a turn to smash the candy out of the pinata. 
(Ayden)

(The pinata finally exploded.)

The older kids enjoyed playing musical chairs. I don't think Cayben understood the point of the game and probably didn't like being told to sit down. Landen was really sad when he didn't win.
(Jamie helped Carter & Elyse play musical chairs.)

Cayben was excited to blow out his candle, and after a few tries and a little spit, he did. 
(Owen, me, Cayben, & Carter)

No one helped him either, which was his fear. For weeks before his party he talked about "naughty peoples" blowing out his candle and he planned on sending them to "time-out" if they did. I think it's because last month Owen blew out Tiffany's candles before she got a chance to blow them out.

Cayben sang as loud as everyone else when it was time to sing Happy Birthday.
(Owen, me, Cayben, Carter, & Tyson)

I think He was really excited that everyone was singing to him. He likes being in the spotlight, just like his mom and dad.

Cayben also loved opening presents, of course. Isn't that the best part of every party?
(Cayben)
Carter helped him open his presents.
(Carter & Cayben)

Cayben got lots of gifts from his wonderful family and friends, and I got lots of help with the party from my wonderful family.

(Dessert Table)

(Birthday Cake)

(The sugar-free brownies were not a hit among the sugar eaters)

Cayben's birth is truly the most fantastic and miraculous event of my life. I want Cayben to realize how important his birth is to me, hence the party. I love Cayben sooooo much and can't wait to spend another year of his life with him.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you just a cute little "Suzy Homemaker"? hee hee- I can't believe how the kids are all growing! I like that K.I.S.S. thingy- one to remember! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete