
We are having Cayben's party in the meeting room at the Portneuf Library. It's a big room to fit our big family. Shay didn't want the party at our house because he thinks it would be too crouded and chaotic. He's probably right.
I plan to decorate with tools and construction themed items. Cory's helping me out a lot. He's providing construction tape for me to decorate with, hard hats, a saw horse, a contractor's stereo, and tools. He's also going to round up some orange cones for me to use. I got little orange cones to be the centerpieces for each table, except for Cayben's table. He has a dump-truck centerpiece for his table. I got orange table cloths and dump-truck plates and napkins. I plan to tie a helium filled mylar dump-truck balloon around Cayben's chair and orange and yellow helium filled balloons around the other chairs.
I'm trying to round up a small tool box to put the goodie bags in. The goodie bags are decorated with dump trucks and are filled with construction themed stickers, playdough, a party blow thing, candy, and a carpenters pencil.
I'm going to serve a light meal. I'm not sure exactly what I'm serving yet, but I'm thinking sandwiches, potato salad, fruit salad, veggies, and potato chips. I'm trying to find one of those big, yellow Gatoraid containers you see at construction sites to put the beverage in.
I'm going to make Cayben a tractor cake.

I found the idea in a magazine. I hope I can accomplish it. I'm also going to make cupcakes that I'm going to serve in the back of Cayben's giant dump-truck he got for Christmas. I also hope to find another smaller dump-truck, so I can serve crumpled up brownies in the back of it. I'm serving the ice cream in small buckets with sand toy shovels.
I've planned three games to play. I found a Pin the Cone on The Construction Site game at the dollor store. Shay and I plan to make a bulldozer pinata, and we'll play musical chairs powered by Cory's contractor stereo. I'm also going to bring Cayben's big tub of mega blocks and set up a "building site." I also have tractor and truck coloring sheets for a "blue-print sation."
I got Cayben a hard hat and decorated it to say, "Birthday Boy." I also got him a nail apron from Home Depot to wear. I plan to wear a nail apron also, so I can have easy access to my camera and other things I'll need.
I am so excited for Cayben's birthday party. I hope it turns out to be as great as I imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment