Thursday, January 1, 2009

No Parties to Bring in the New Year

New Year's Eve celebrations were pretty mild this year. Shay, Cayben, and I hung out with family and then went to bed before midnight. Something pretty neat happened though, and it's worth remembering.

Shay, Cayben, me, Jamie, Wyett, Elyse, Willy (Wyett's brother), Crystal, Cory, Owen, Abigail, and Kennedy ate dinner at the Mandarin House. My mom's boss, Dr. Greg Romriel, was sitting at a table over from us. When we were finished the waitress gave us all our tickets. She walked away, then came back and took our tickets, saying that she needed to fix our tickets. She then handed all of our tickets to Greg and he payed for our meals. I am so impressed by his kindness. I can't wait to pay it forward and do something so kind and generous for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment