Monday, September 12, 2011

Teenagers

As we were driving to go apple picking earlier today, my son and I were talking about worms eating apples which led to talking about people eating worms. I confessed to my son that I once swallowed a worm. Of course this brought about many questions. He eventually asked if I hid from my mom so I could eat it without getting into trouble.

My response, "No. I was an adult when I ate it. My friend and I were fishing and decided to swallow a worm."

"Why?"

"Well because we were teenagers, or just beyond, and people do weird things when they're young."

"Like kissing?"

"Exactly. Just like kissing, Son."

Cayben thought for a minute and then said, "I can't wait to be a teeneager."

"Why? Do you want to kiss a girl?"

"No!" he responded repulsively. "I don't want to kiss a girl until I'm married."

Well now it's recorded and I can hold him to it. Right?

1 comment: