Sunday, September 4, 2011

Party on the Horizon

Embrie's birthday is next month and of course I'm stoked for the party. Anyone that knows me well, knows that I LOVE parties, especially my kiddos' birthday parties. Well I have Embrie's 2nd birthday party all planned and most everything is ready to go. The problem is I'm still thinking in party and I have nothing to do, so I figure the next best thing is to blog party plans. Here goes.

So Embrie's birthday is going to be at our favorite beach, Refugio. The theme is going to be...*drum roll*... Fun at the Beach. (Shocking I know). For the invitations we bought mini beach balls and wrote the party info on them. It reads, "Splish, Splash, It's Embrie's Beach Birthday Bash!" All the details are included as well. We'll hand/mail out the deflated balls in envelopes.

The party will begin with lunch at the grassy picnic area across from the beach. We're going to rent a big canopy and set up picnic tables underneath. We'll have helium filled balloons all around the canopy and a big sunshine welcome sign. The tables will have bright table cloths and seashells for the table decor. Lunch will be set up buffet style. My tentative plans for the menu are to serve peanut butter and jelly "sand"wiches, my mom's delicious pasta salad made with shell pasta (served in a beach bucket with shovel), goldfish crackers (served in a beach bucket), fruit kabobs, veggies, chips, tossed salad, shrimp with cocktail sauce, Swedish Fish (served in beach bucket), Ocean Potions (see below) and Nutter Butter flip-flops.
My Ocean Potion will be served with gummy sharks instead of lobsters because I refuse to pay $15 for gummy candy.
Oh they're so cute.
We're going to have waters and Capri Sun drinks that we serve in a giant bucket (I still need to find one) with ice. We'll also have a 5 gal. jug of juice. We're going to make Embrie a hula dancer doll cake. We're also making super cute cupcakes that will hopefully look something like this...

The fun thing is they have a Swedish Fish inside.

For activities we'll have frisbees, hula hoops, bubbles, kites, sand toys, a kiddie pool, a pinata and the beach itself. You can't get much better than that. We might set up a craft station for the kids to make one of the following options: mermaid wands, mini lighthouses, hearts and shells necklaces, or seashore bookmarks.
Mermaid Wand
Mini Lighthouse
I'm not sure if setting up a craft station is overkill.

I'm counting down the days to rock the party for my baby girl. I can't wait. I hope everything is fantastic. Oh... I almost forgot to mention, I purchased 36" balloons. Ya that's right. They are huge, and they are amazing. The only downside is they require a bike pump and a lot of arm strength to inflate. They are totally worth it though. Well, I'm done exposing my excessive and obsessive self. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment