Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yard Work

Since we moved into our house in July 2007, Shay and I have tried to make our back yard a nice place. When we moved in, our backyard consisted of weeds, gravel, nasty plants and trees, lots of rotting wood, garbage, and fences that were not aesthetically pleasing in any sort of manner. Last summer we worked on fixing up the yard by hauling trailer loads of junk to the dump, cutting down trees and plants, and getting a nice vinyl fence along one side of our yard. Well this spring we dedicated ourselves to getting it done. We've worked on the yard every chance we've had (which is determined a lot by the crazy spring weather). I'm happy to say that I can finally see an end in sight. Shay and I took the remaining fences and bushes down and hauled off the rest of the junk, we've rotor tilled and leveled the yard, planted grass, planted a garden, and put in edging. The grass is starting to grow and I'm excited. It's about done, well at least until we have the money to do everything else we want to do to it. It's actually been a lot of fun making a yard and Cayben of course loves being outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment