Sunday, May 1, 2011

2nd Chance Prom


KLCE, a local radio station, puts on an annual prom for all of us washed up old folks that never got over the hype and glamor of dressing up all fancy and uncomfortably to dance the night away.

Well, since Shay is a sweet guy and knows me all too well, he asked me to Prom. (Plus he needed to redeem himself since he failed forgot to take me in high school.)

I borrowed a beautiful dress from my niece that only fit if I agreed not to breath, some jewelry from my mom, shoes from my sister, and did my own hair. Turns out I'm too cheap for Prom when it's on my dime.

We dropped the kids (we didn't have these in high school) off at Aunt Erika's and drove to Idaho Falls.

We arrived and then danced the night away. And by "danced the night away," I mean we danced until about 10:30, when we decided we were old and tired. It was, nonetheless, super fun! 

The cool thing about going to Prom when you're married is... Well, never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment