Monday, May 16, 2011

Our Travels Home

We spread out our journey to our new home, the home that will take some time to feel like home, into a three day journey.

We left the comfort of our home, the home I wish we didn't leave vacant with a For Sale sign in front and a monthly mortgage bill with our name on it, on Saturday, May 14. It was difficult to drive away from our family, Pocatello, and everything we love there. (I won't go into it anymore because I like to pretend I'm emotionless.) We drove and drove until we decided to spend the evening in some small town in southern Utah that I no longer remember the name of.

The next morning we woke and went to church. I love how it never takes any effort to find a church building in Utah. After church and breakfast, we headed south to Las Vegas. Cayben has been wanting to see the Stratosphere, so we stopped and spent a few hours in Vegas. At the top of the Stratosphere, Embrie wanted to climb on the window that over looks the city below. I would not let her, of course.


Cayben's hoping to not blow away.
Sunday night we slept in Barstow, CA.
Here's a little trick our buddy, Jake taught us. Look he's floating
Monday we drove the rest of the way to Lompoc. We're here...and well that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment