Because of this, I've been hyper-focused on everything I love here in Pocatello. I look forward to the new adventure I'm about to embark on as I move, with my family, to who knows where. But... I'm going to sure miss a lot of the people and things I love here in Poky.
Here's a short list of some of the things I'll miss the most:
- My family. Of course I'll miss my amazing family that live so near me. This includes Shay's family. I consider them my own. I'll miss them all immensely. I've never lived away from family, so I have no idea what to expect. I do know that I will look forward to every visit and hope they are many.
- I'll miss the slow pace and small feel of Pocatello. Who knows? Maybe it will be a fast pace, large feel compared to the place we get sent. Whatever you call it, I like the pace and size of Pocatello. I like that I can drive across town in twenty minutes or less.
- I'll miss Westwood Discount. Don't laugh at me. I love that store. I love when I find a treasure and only have to pay something like $0.69 for it.
- I'll miss my friends and neighbors. I rarely see any of my friends, but it feels good to know that I could see them easily. I also really like my neighborhood. Some may say I live in the ghetto. There has been a couple of shootings recently in the nearby blocks, but don't judge me. I like my ghetto, especially my block. How many of you have yearly block parties where the road gets temporarily blocked off just for the party? Ya, my neighbors rock.
- I'll definitely miss the mountains. I love them. I love their majesty. They are my retreat.
- I'll miss Pocatello summers. I love the heat. I know I always pray for moisture, and am grateful when we receive it, but I'm also grateful for the reliably dry summers Pocatello offers me.
- I'll miss sharing a delicious Chicken Fajita Super Burrito from El Harradero with my dear husband.
- I'll miss camping. I better have it where ever I go. Don't make me sleep on a park bench. I'll do it.
- I'll miss spending holidays, birthdays, and all other celebrations with my family. I'm going to have to learn how to rock the party with just the four of us.
- Did I mention I'm going to miss my family? (COME AND VISIT ME!)
No comments:
Post a Comment