We found out where we are moving this morning and it will be to Lompoc, CA, our first pick from our list! This wasn't a total surprise. I'm actually sitting in a hotel in Lompoc right now. Shay called the placement coordinator last week to find out when we would know where we were moving to. She said that it was likely we would be going to Lompoc, but "not to buy a house." Since it's spring break, we decided to check it out. Well we are checking it out. It's fabulous, and it's officially the place we are moving!
In my last post, I mentioned some of the things I will miss. Now that I'm here, let me eliminate and/or modify some of that list.
- I don't need to miss the pace and size of Pocatello because Lompoc is close to the same.
- Lompoc is in a valley surrounded by mountains, much like Pocatello. So there's no need for mountain missing!
- There is plenty of nearby camping and mt. biking.
- Shay and I ate dinner at a local Mexican restaurant last night and Shay had something very similar to the chicken fajita burrito that we love so dearly.
There is still plenty to miss about Pocatello, but... I AM GOING TO LIVE SEVEN MILES FROM THE COAST, SURROUNDED BY BEAUTIFUL, TREE COVERED, WILD FLOWER ENRICHED MOUNTAINS. This place is like a little hidden paradise. I'm stoked! Oh... and did I mention I live just a few hours from Disneyland!
No comments:
Post a Comment