Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Will You Be My Valentine?

Happy Valentine's Day! This was a particularly fun Valentine's Day.

Cayben and Embrie were excited this morning to get their small little Valentines from Mom and Dad. They each got some candy and sunglasses. (I'm dreaming of sunshine and warmth.) After reveling over his gift for a few minutes, Cayben asked, "Is there more?" I think his birthday made his expectations soar a bit. Cayben also asked me to be his Valentine this morning. He's so sweet.

Preschool was fantastic. The kids all brought Valentines and participated in a Valentine exchange. This was always one of my favorite activities as an elementary student. I enjoyed it as much today. I love my class!

After preschool I took Cayben and Embrie to get slushies  from Sonic. Cayben associates Sonic the fast-food chain with Sonic the Hedgehog, and he thought for sure the slushy would make him speedy.

The evening was dedicated to Shay and me time. The Busenbarks took our kids. Shay made me a really cute Valentine with a poem and got me a really pretty pearl necklace. I love pearls. I'd pick them over diamonds any day. I arranged a little in-home date for Shay and me. I "made" him a candle-light dinner. Ok... I didn't really make him dinner, but I purchased our favorite Chicken Fajita Super Burrito from El harradero. I couldn't top that with any of my attempts at cooking. I also borrowed my parent's projector and screen so we could watch a movie together. I so enjoyed having uninterrupted conversation with my husband. I love him so much and am so grateful for him. He treats me like a queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment