Monday, February 14, 2011

Cayben is Four!

Cayben had his fourth birthday last Friday! I can't believe it. I know people always say how fast kids grow up, but it is so much faster when it is MY kids.

We had a ton of fun over the weekend because I really like to celebrate my son's birth. Why wouldn't I? It was one of the few, most amazing, fabulously fantastic days of my life!

So on Thursday, Shay and I took Cayben to McDonalds. He has really wanted a Happy Meal for a long time. For some reason I feel really sheepish about going to McDonalds, like it is some great sin that I need to justify. Although I have plenty of unhealthy habits, for some reason I have certain things worked up to be really bad, like eating at McDonalds, eating doughnuts and eating candy bars (except bite-size candy bars, which of, I can eat the equivalent of a king-size candy bar without guilt). Cayben and Embrie had a lot of fun, and yes, I enjoyed the chicken nuggets. I can't believe I'm admitting this.

On Friday, Cayben's birthday, we had a birthday party at Outer Limits Fun Zone with some of Cayben's friends. The theme of the party was Iron Man because that's Cayben's big obsession right now. Cayben had so much fun and most of his friends did too! I thoroughly enjoyed having a party host so I could sit back (ya, right with 15 little kiddos) and enjoy.
Repulsor Blast! Pssszzz!
Cayben couldn't take his eyes off of the TV screen. Can you tell we lack television at home?
Embrie likes to party.

Kaya & Kennedy
Lauren, Marcella, Kaya, & Kennedy
Scotty
Jace & Jett
Carter & Cayben

This was my 1st attempt at using fondant. Not so pretty.
Lauren, Gretta, Avery, Marcella, Gavin, Carter, Kaya, Elyse, Wyett, Kinley, Embrie, Cayben, Jane, & Scotty
Lucy, Lauren, Gretta, Avery, Marcella, Gavin, Kaya, Carter, Cayben, Embrie, Scotty, Elyse, & Jett

On Saturday, we had yet another birthday party. I know. I'm excessive. Cayben had a dinosaur party with family at the library. The highlight was finally smashing the pinata. I wanted to smash it several times during the tedious process of creating it.

T-Rex Cayben
Grandpa Erick
Morgan & Grandma Elyse
Carter
Avery
Cayben had 1 candle that did not want to go out.
Elyse liked the chocolate frosting.
Uncle Mike & Embrie
Grandpa Jim & Cayben
Landen
Great-Grandma Bullock, Great-Grandma Roesler, & Great-Grandpa Roesler
Uncle Cory, Uncle Nick, & Aunt Dani
Carter trying to smash the pinata.

Cayben got so spoiled by his family and friends. I think he is now close to having every Iron Man toy ever made. He doesn't seem to tire of any of them though.
Opening presents
Cayben sporting his new Iron Man underoos, Iron Man toy, & Iron Man band aid
So, here I pose a little question on the side. Is four the magical age? Cayben's behavior has been fantastic ever since he woke up on February 11. He listens...without me having to ask, tell, or demand fifty-million times. He is so helpful. He's even sweeter than before. I have always enjoyed Cayben, but I could really get comfortable with the four-year-old Cayben.

Speaking of four, I think this growing up thing is a little difficult for both Cayben and me to swallow. Cayben seemed kind of hesitant to be excited to turn four. Back when we first knew we would be moving in May, we would comfort Cayben by saying, "We don't have to move until you're four." Whoops. It seemed so far away then. Also, I think Cayben thinks he's getting old. He makes comments like, "Mom, I don't want to get old and die. Mom, I don't want you to ever die. You're getting really old." Poor kid. I don't think he's suppose to feel like that until he's at least 30, or 40.

I'm excited for Cayben to grow and progress, but it's a little sad to think that he will never be a little baby again or a toddler. This is his childhood, and it will go by so fast. That's why it is so important to "let them be little." I love the joy and excitement that Cayben brings into my life daily. He keeps me on my toes, and he keeps me smiling. He keeps me striving to be the momma he deserves. I love, love, love that boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment