Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

Another Christmas came and went. This one was good, yet different.

Christmas morning was great! Cayben woke up first and went to go see what he got from Santa. He was excited to find a scooter, a DVD and a stocking full of goodies.


Embrie required a little encouragement from Dad and Cayben before she was sure she wanted to wake up. When she did wake up, the first thing out of her cute, smiley mouth was, "Merry Christmas!"

The kids had a great morning opening gifts, and were so appreciative of everything they got. Shay and I loved watching their excitement.


I had some sort of stomach issue all day, so I spent most of the day in bed. Shay spent his day taking care of the kids and me until it was time for him to go take care of inmates.

All day the kids kept emphatically saying, "It's the best Christmas ever!" Embrie believed it. I thought Cayben believed it until the next morning when he tried to explain...

"Yesterday was the best Christmas ever, well insept maybe it wasn't. I liked opening presents! It was kind of like a birthday party that nobody came to."

Ya son, I agree. It was a little lonely without family, but still turned out to be a good Christmas. (Can there really not be a good Christmas?)

No comments:

Post a Comment