Retired! I wish this title were about me or about Shay, but I guess you have to put in many years of hard work before achieving this, like my dad, whom this post is about.
At the end of 2010, my dad retired from work at his business (Jack's Auto Body). I'm excited for him! He deserves a break, although I doubt he takes one. My dad is one of the hardest workers I've ever known. I so appreciate him and his many years of work he put in to support, and even spoil, his family.
My dad is one of those selfless types. You know, always putting others first, seeing the needs of others, always willing to lend a hand, his time, or anything else he can offer. Because of this, he's developed a lot of friendships over the years. I figured many of these friends would like to celebrate my dad and show their appreciation for him. So to my dad's chagrin, my mom, my sisters, and me planned a big retirement bash for my dad. It turned out great!
We held the party on January 28 at Changing Season's Home and Garden. (Crystal secured the venue for us, which was just perfect.) Many of my dad's friends and relatives showed up. I think we had around eighty people come. We served a ham dinner with cheesecake for dessert. For the program we showed a slide show that I put together from pictures my mother provided, and Mike read a poem that Jamie and my mom wrote. Mackenzie, Morgan, Tyece, Mikaiah, and Abby served the food with direction from Tiffany. They wore cute little aprons my mom sewed for them. We decorated in bright colors. Tiffany made centerpieces for the tables by tying balloons around my dad's many model cars.
I think the party was a total success, mostly because my dad was happy and felt touched by everybody's love and support for him. I hope my dad thoroughly enjoys this next phase of his life called retirement. I truly love and appreciate that man and think he deserves to have all his dreams come true!
 |
| My mom, my dad, & Uncle Bob |
 |
| Kennedy & Cayben playing in the kids' area. |
 |
| Bryce found a chair just his size. |
 |
| Morgan & Mike |
 |
| Embrie slept through most of the party. |
 |
| Cayben & Kennedy, silliest kids I know. |
 |
| Cory & Crystal |
 |
| Jamie, Kinley, & Elyse |
 |
| Tiffany |
 |
| Mackenzie |
 |
| Tyece |
 |
| Mikaiah |
No comments:
Post a Comment