Sunday, January 9, 2011

Diagnosis- Dislocated Great Toe

Last night Shay went to his indoor soccer game. I went with him with our two kids and Carter in tow. The kids and I were goofing around and trying to stay warm when Shay came in the tent we were chilling (literally) in. I figured Shay's game hadn't started yet, but the really strange look on his face threw me off. He finally spoke and said, "Do you want to see something gross?" Of course I did. Shay pulled off his sock and shoe to expose his badly deformed big toe. In the poor lighting of the tent his toe looked black, mostly flat, with the top part shooting up and out to the side. In reality it was just a little blue, mostly flat, with the top part shooting up and out to the side. Pretty bad, right? We of course took him to get medical attention, where they x-rayed it, pulled on it, and finally finessed it into place.

As it turns out, Shay kicked a goalie about two minutes into the game in an attempt to score a goal. Poor guy didn't even score.

So the diagnosis was dislocated Great toe. The toe is back in its proper place, but still sore. Shay's resting and recovering. We're hoping for a quick recovery.  Cayben prayed today that Daddy's toe would get better in two years. I hope that it will be much sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment