Embrie is at one of my favorite ages. (She's almost 13 months old.) I can just see the light bulbs going off in her head as she's starting to grasp the world. My little Lou learns so much and impresses me every day.
To start, here is a little background: Embrie has struggled with chronic ear infections since a very young age. Because of this, I've worried about her language development. She was slow to say her "mama," "baba," and "dada" type sounds. I voiced my concern to the doctor and he said, "I have no doubt that the fluid on her ears is affecting the way she hears."
Well anyway, short story shorter, I've always worried about Embrie's language development. It doesn't help that the only other child I've ever had could talk very well, very young.
My little babe is putting my worries to rest. Her language is just taking off. This morning she said to me without being prompted, "Momma, I love you." She has said both "momma" and "I love you" in the past, but this is the first she's combined them. Also, she has only said, "I love you" after having someone say it to her or being asked to say it.
Embrie also says and tries to say many other words. Some of her favorites are baby, Momma, Daddy, peek-a-boo, no no, belly button, hello, hi, bye bye, what, that, Wyett, and doggy.
No comments:
Post a Comment