| Embrie, Cassie, & Cayben |
| Embrie |
On Friday, I took the kids for a long bike ride. I rode around enjoying the lack of cars and slow pace of that area. In the afternoon, Shay and I took the kids to the lake. It was much too cold to play in the water, but the kiddos enjoyed the sand.
On Saturday, Owen and Jayden had a football game in Montpelier, so we went and watched their game. That afternoon my parents came to camp with us. We headed over to the Fish Haven cemetery where we have some Mormon Pioneer ancestors buried.
| Cayben & Embrie at the headstone of Isaac & Mary Jane Hill, my ancestors. |
That evening we drove to Garden City for dinner. On the way home a deer hit my dad's Jeep. Yes, I said that right. My dad didn't hit the deer, it ran into him. We were in the car behind my dad, so we stopped and waited for the startled deer to get back up just in time to get hit by another car going the other way. I wouldn't share this story if it didn't have a happy ending. We waited long enough to watch the Sheriff come to help the deer, and the deer eventually got up and ran away. I hope the thing learned to stay out of the road. If he didn't, at least my son did.
The kids and I slept in my parents' motor-home. The two previous nights of tent camping were very cold, which isn't much of a problem when I can bundle up in a sleeping bag all night. But since I have a baby that wants to nurse every five minutes, it's hard to seal the cold out of my bag. So needless to say, I was happy to sleep in the motor-home.
Sunday morning greeted us with an enjoyable Sacrament Meeting. After church we drove up a canyon to get some leaves, which turned into quite the Jeeping adventure. We took a trail that I thought would for sure ruin or high center my dad's much-too-expensive-to-Jeep-with Jeep Wrangler, but my dad has some mad driving skills and it turned out to be fun!
That afternoon the kids and I rode home with my parents to go to Mackenzie's birthday party. Shay came home later that night. Good times!
No way!!! We're cousins!!! It's time to start having Thanksgivings together.
ReplyDelete