Thursday, November 26, 2009
Turkey Trot Fun Run
Shay and I started our Thanksgiving day with a 5k run. We signed up for the Turkey Trot charity run hosted by the United Way. It was my bright idea to sign up for the run. I don't know what I was thinking. Three miles isn't very far, but it was hard. I had only ran once since Embrie was born and had not ran for about two months before Embrie was born. Let's just say I didn't get the best time ever. In fact, it was my worst time by far. I'm pretty sure speed walkers could finish in the 35 minutes it took me to complete, and I "ran" the thing. On the positive side, Shay got his best time ever, taking just over 23 minutes! I'm glad we did it though. It left me with a nice runner's high and a wheeze for the rest of the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment