Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Circle of Life


(Great-Grandpa Bullock June 2009) (Embrie Oct. 9, 2009)

This past week has been an intense week with the passing of Grandpa and the birth of Embrie. Birth and Death bring strong emotions, reflection, and contemplation. I like to think about the preexistence and life after death. Although I don't have the answers, it's interesting to wonder if Grandpa met Embrie before we did, and if he helped send her to us to bring joy in a time of sadness. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of our personal situations, and I believe He had purpose in sending Embrie to us when He did.

Grandpa's funeral was on October 8th. We attended the funeral services, mourned with family, and remembered the life of Grandpa. Shay gave Grandpa's life-sketch at the funeral. It was very touching. After the funeral, we went to McCammon, where Grandpa was buried. As soon as the funeral and burial services were over, I started to have regular contractions. We drove back to town and had dinner with family, while I continued to have regular contractions. After dinner we went to the hospital and Embrie was born a few hours later. With the timing of it, it's easy to see God's hand in it all and to feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment