Sunday, October 23, 2011

WE'RE HAVIN' A BABY!!!

Yep...that's right! This little Bullock family is about to get a little bigger!

I just found out I'm pregnant yesterday. Even though I have been off birth control, having 'relations' regularly, and had missed my period, I was still SHOCKED. I wonder if it's possible to see those two pink lines on a test and not be shocked?

Anyway, we are ecstatic! By my calculations I am a whopping 4 weeks and 6 days along. I have a LONG way to go. Come June we should have a new little babe to love on.

We told the kids right after we found out. Embrie has no idea what's going on, but she will soon be dethroned as the baby. I don't think she'll handle that too well. She is always telling me, "I'm your little baby." If I ever call her my big girl she corrects me. At least we have 9 months to prep her.

Cayben is excited and concerned. He has been asking so many questions. Right after we told him, he asked, "Who will I stay with?" He remembers Shay and me staying in the hospital when Embrie was born. This question made me miss home badly. He's asked, "How did you get pregnant? How did it happen so quickly? Why does the baby have to stay inside you? How long are you going to be fat? Why are babies born naked? How long will you and Dad be in the hospital? Can I see you in the hospital? Can I lay by you in the hospital?" He's such a cute, intelligent little guy.

I think Shay felt more shocked than I did. He of course dove right into figuring out the logistics of everything. He too is very excited! He knows how much joy our other two children have brought into our lives.

I am overjoyed! I don't feel freaked out at all, like I did with my other two pregnancies. The only thing that makes me nervous is enduring pregnancy. With my other two pregnancies I got SO SICK. Plus I have an autonomic nervous system condition that causes me to pass out a lot with pregnancy and nursing. Right now I feel great though! Woot! I'm having a baby!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Yes, it is different having a baby away from home, for sure. Don't worry. You'll figure it out.

    And, YES, we would love to see you guys when we come through in May--especially our friendly little five year old!

    ReplyDelete