Sunday, December 26, 2010

2010 Christmas Festivities at a Glance

This December has been filled with fun. We had fun opportunities at the library, many chances to talk with Santa, and parties galore! Here's the recap:

On December 7, Embrie and Cayben got to make gingerbread houses at the library.  I got a picture of Embrie's house, but Cayben's house never made it home. It was much too appetizing.
Embrie was happy to finally eat her house!
On December 9, the kids and I went with Grandpa Jim to his ward's Christmas party. They had a really nice dinner and program. The kids got to meet Santa for the first time this year.
This is the 1st, and only time Embrie let Santa hold her this year.


On December 11, we went to the mall to do a little Christmas shopping, so of course we had to visit Santa. Embrie wasn't so sure of Santa this time. Cayben was more than happy to go remind Santa what he wanted for Christmas.

Cayben & Shay even got to climb a mountain of snow in the parking lot.
Later that evening, we had the C.P. Ward Christmas party. Cayben enjoyed playing with friends, being a shepherd in the program, and telling Santa exactly what he wanted for Christmas. Embrie enjoyed running around with all of the bigger kids.
My shepherd boy!
We visited Santa a lot. Cayben had to make sure Santa knew he wanted "a giant Iron Man that says, 'I'm Iron Man. *puts arm out* Pszzz.'"
On December 14, we went to Book Babies at the library, and the kids had a surprise visit from Santa. Santa read them a book and visited with each child, well except Embrie and the other scared kiddos.
Cayben made sure to tell Santa, in the middle of the story, that he has been good.

  
On December 18, I watched my nieces dance in The Nutcracker ballet.  






















Abby
Elyse
Kennedy
On December 20, we had a preschool Christmas Program. The program was cute. Cayben acted shy, which was for attention of course. Cayben doesn't have a shy fiber in his body. I messed up a few times, but I was just happy to make it through the program. I had spent my morning sick Sick SICK! I was in the bathroom almost the entire morning and was only able to get everything ready for the program because Shay was so helpful. I had even arranged for Jamie to lead the program because I didn't think I could make it through. Well luckily I puked just before people started showing up, which left me feeling well enough to do the program. This is probably way more information than I should ever share, but oh well. Maybe if I read over this in the upcoming years I will remember to take it easy with the Christmas treats. Probably not. 
 
On December 21, we had a Bullock family Christmas party with Grandma Sharon's side of the family. Aunt Carrie put the party together, and it was really great. She had Logan read part of the Grinch story and Skyler read the Christmas story in Luke. All of the little ones got to be part of a Nativity scene.  Cayben got to be Joseph. Embrie insisted on being on the table with the kids. It was very cute. After dinner and the program, we played volleyball. In was way fun!
Cayben & Ayden
Carrie, Cayben, Azlin, & Avery
Cayben, Embrie, Azlin, Wesley, & Carter
Logan, Skyler, & Cayben
On Christmas Eve we had our annual Christmas get together with the Bullock side of our family. This year it was at Grandpa Erick and Grandma Kim's house. It was so fun! There was lots of good food and some to-die-for desserts. We got to open presents. Cayben felt like he had waited for forever for that moment. Embrie loved getting presents too. Grandpa Erick passed out all the gifts and most of us waited until they were all passed out before opening them. Embrie was handed a present and carried it around so excited like. She dropped it and it suffered a small tear in the wrapping paper. Embrie could no longer resist and began to tear her present out of the paper. Everyone else started unwrapping their treasures at this point and we were all in Christmas bliss. We all got some very nice gifts!
Avery, Carter, & Cayben
Embrie likes to say, "Cheeeeese!"
Avery & Embrie
Elyse joined us at the party.
Elyse & Cayben
Embrie
Avery, Cayben, & Ayden are surrounding their techi cousin Carter. I think Carter is scolding Ayden for touching the IPod.
Embrie & Cayben with Grandma, sporting the new PJs she got for them.
On Christmas Day we slept in. Shay, Embrie & I rolled out of bed around 8:00 a.m. Shay took Embrie to look in her stocking and play with her new instruments. Around 9:00 a.m. I peaked into Cayben's room to check on him. He was just waking up. With his eyes wide he asked in a whisper, "Did Santa come?"  Cayben came out of his room to check out his new presents. He was happy to find his much wanted giant Iron Man.




In the afternoon we headed over to my parents' house. We ate food and opened more presents. Here is how Shay described the experience in an email to my sister, Heather, "Christmas was just like every year, the same fattening-filled scoop of chaos that only those of Harper lineage know how to serve up." I think he pretty much summed it up. I love that "fattening-filled scoop of chaos" by the way!
My little Mrs. Claus. She thinks she's Santa when she wears this dress, and she always says, "Ho Ho Ho."

Grandma Elyse fixing the turkey in her Monster Gardens shirt, which is my sister's company.
My mom didn't know I was filming.

In the evening we headed over to the Russells to watch a movie and play games.
Cory, Shay, & Crystal
We stayed up much too late, but we needed a grand finale to our fabulous Christmas!

Oh...and here's just a cute picture of my handsome boy ready for church. Iron Man never leaves his side.

No comments:

Post a Comment