Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cayben's First Soccer Game


Cayben had his first soccer game today. It was very entertaining to say the least. Cayben was much more interested in playing on the nearby playground toys, but got a little bit of playing time.

He plays on a team of 3 and 4 year-olds, including his cousin Carter. They play 4 kids on the field at a time, and by mid-game they had a hard time finding four kids that wanted to play.

I think I'm too pushy and Cayben will probably end up hating soccer because of it. Next game I plan to take a more passive approach with him. Also, I'll try showing up to the game early to let Cayben play on the toys before the game. We shall see if that works better. Live and learn.
(Carter & Cayben)

(Cayben scored a goal! Too bad it was while practicing.)

(Embrie)

(Yes, those are tears.)


1 comment:

  1. How fun. I remember when our kids played soccer for the 1st time it was fun. I am glad cayben likes Landens clothes. Thanks for coming to Kia's party. I didn't really talk to anyone so thanks! Landen chose t-ball so we have no soccer players this year. Tell cayben he did great!!! I liked the video clip:)

    ReplyDelete